As temperatures rise throughout July and August, follow these helpful tips to keep your RV cool from Desert Autoplex RV in Mesa, Arizona!
For RV and motorhome owners, summer is prime season to be out and about camping and enjoying the great outdoors! But if you’ve owned a camper long enough then you know there’s not much that’s as disagreeable as a walking in to a RV that’s been sitting in direct sunlight all day. When you need to beat the heat and retreat to your camper to cool down, it’s important that you’ve done everything you can to ensure it’s cool.
Follow these helpful tips from Desert Autoplex RV in Mesa to keep your RV cool throughout the summer!
- Certainly park in the shade whenever possible. Ask for a shady site when you first arrive to your campsite. Even more, park your RV in the shade on the side where the refrigerator vent is located so your frig and A/C will work more efficiently.
- Improve your air conditioner’s efficiency by cleaning your A/C filters and always keep a new set of filters nearby in case you need to replace them.
- Be sure to use your main patio awning and any window awnings as well as your window blinds, curtains and your day/night shades to help keep the sun out.
- Be sure to run your appliances and electronic equipment through the proper voltage. Since campground voltage can fluctuate depending on how many camper’s are using it, always monitor the voltage coming into your RV and ensure it stays between 105-130 volts.
- Have a thermostatically controlled refrigerator vent fan installed on the back of your refrigerator or at the top of the refrigerator roof vent. These work beautifully to remove built-up heat and, therefore, improves your refrigerator’s performance by up to 40 percent.
- An inexpensive, but highly efficient method, is to install proper ventilation such as MaxxAir vent covers over the roof vents. These vents let fresh air continue to circulate throughout your motorhome regardless of the weather, while also letting smoke, heat and stale air escape.
- Cook outside rather than inside whenever possible to keep your motorhome as cool as possible.
- Just like you would at home, keep your doors/windows closed …don’t air condition the whole neighborhood!
Following these tips to keep your RV cool in the summer will be extremely beneficial to you and your loved ones as you enjoy the great outdoors this season. Head to Desert Autoplex RV in Mesa, Arizona to meet our team and ask any questions you might have! You can also make a service appointment to ensure your RV is in top condition before setting out on your next great adventure. We look forward to seeing you soon!